Friday, March 25, 2011

The first knitting project of the year that wasn't for anyone else!

A couple of years ago I knit myself a hat and scarf with this great Peruvian wool from Mirasol. I finally knitted a matching pair of fingerless gloves, which I finished just in time for the weather to warm up!  Oh well, next season....

The finished gloves

Palm side with cuff rolled down

Top side with cuff left long



The entire set.
I wear a lot of black, grey and brown and like to coordinate my base with a splash of bright color.

I used a fingerless glove pattern from a Fair Isle class I took with Lori Smith at the Fiber Factory, which she created so I will not repeat it here. You can probably order it by contacting the Fiber Factory.  The hat pattern is a brilliantly simple one from an old Vogue knitting magazine and the scarf is a diagonal rib from Barbara Walker's "A Treasury of Knitting Patterns" which is a no-roll pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment