- Since 2012, I held down an adjunct teaching gig at Phoenix College, taught 2 classes a night at MAC and worked ~32 hours/ week at the Heard
- December 2013 a dear student and friend committed suicide
- I made almost no work of my own :-(
- I did take an Argentium class at the MAC and I'm totally hooked!
- No knitting :-(
- My one creative endeavor was a memorial plaque for my student to hang at the MAC, which I am proud of but I wish I had my friend back
|My dear Nadine. Enameled and etched panels screwed to a box form copper base. |
It will hang in the enameling studio. She'll be our kiln angel :-)
- My grandmother died in April
- On and off horrendous back pain; physical therapy, attempts at exercise, etc.
- We ran out of money to finish our house renovation and didn't earn enough for the bank to give us a loan. We are still in new house limbo....
- Financial stress, stress, stress
- A good friend helped me get hired on with a web and design agency out of Canada for freelance
- I quit my job at the museum to pursue freelance
- The museum hired me back at a new position that was too good to turn down
- This fall I took a PHP class at MCC on top of everything else
- I finished teaching for Phoenix College
The end result:
- For the first time in I can't remember how long, I'll only have 2 main jobs
- This should allow me to actually make my own work and have a life. Yay!
- I look forward to more studio posts and sharing what I know and continue to learn here on a much more regular basis.
It was a whirlwind of a year (the last 2 I'd rather not repeat, actually) and I'm feeling very lucky, very blessed and very hopeful for 2015 to be a great year professionally, creatively and personally. Happy New Year!